Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Waiting Game

Jeff and I ordered a wok on-line from the Wok Shop in San Francisco this weekend. On the right is a picture. (I recommend looking at it with sunglasses to avoid being blinded by its intense beauty and perfection).

I can't wait for it to get here. I mean, I really, really can't wait. I'm already thinking of how I'm going to season it and what I'm going to cook as my first meal.

We already have a decent wok, but apparently we don't have the optimum style wok for our stove. I just got done reading Grace Young's Breath of a Wok which I checked out from the library. It goes through all the different styles and which ones are best for which stoves, etc. (I agree with Ms. Young in calling the wok the most essential and versatile piece of equipment in the kitchen.)

When my new wok gets here, I'll give the full report. When my new wok gets here, I'll also post more elaborately about the different styles of wok and their seasoning and care and why they're great. When my new wok gets here, there'll be a great swelling chorus of Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" and a choir of angels will dance around me as I open the box, beginning a new period of blissful wok perfection in my world.

Until then, life will go on as it is. Ordinary. Bleak. Wokless.

3 Comments:

Blogger .letting go said...

I linked here from your comment on veganlunchbox.

And woks! My roommate and I bought an inexpensive one in september... we will not repeat that trick. It broke. We were sad.

However, (cue 'ode to joy') she (read: we)got a new one for Christmas! Hurrah!

Enjoy the wok, man!

11:06 AM  
Blogger FilmStocker said...

Thanks for stopping by!

And I'm still waiting on the wok... Sigh.

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn that Jeff and his negative energy!! Ha ha, just kiddin. We love ya Jeff.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home