Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Amy Sedaris' Cheese Ball Recipe

I'm a big fan of Amy Sedaris and her soon-to-be-a-movie TV show Strangers with Candy. I'm an even bigger fan now that I've seen her PETA anti-fur ad campaign (right) that she did in character as 46-year-old teenage runaway Jerri Blank, photographed by designer Todd Oldham. And of course, I went off the charts and into stalker territory when I found out she makes old-fashioned cheese balls to sell as a side business... Don't ask. Just enjoy.


Amy Sedaris' Cheese Ball Recipe

2 8 oz. packages cream cheese

2 cups shredded smoked Gouda

1 stick butter (Amy uses unsalted for everything)

2 tbsp. milk, cream, or half-and-half

2 tsp. A-l steak sauce

2 cups crushed nuts, any variety (Amy likes walnuts)

crackers for serving


1. Allow ingredients to soften to room temperature.

2. Beat them all together in a mixing bowl and form into a ball, or form into several small balls to suit your function/needs. Roll in crushed nuts and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator and allow to soften about 20 minutes before serving.

3. Serve with crackers of your choice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of any celeb who does a Peta ad!!! I'm also a huge fan of you, Filmstock!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home