Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Claire's Smoothies: Recipes

My niece Claire is eight (almost nine) years old. She recently did a report on smoothies for school. I think she did such a great job, I asked her if I could reprint some of her recipes and thoughts about the subject here. Enjoy Claire's Smoothies!

CLAIRE'S SMOOTHIES


Introduction

For as long as I can remember, I have enjoyed smoothies. Whether in winter or summer, smoothies have brightened my day.

The smoothie I've enjoyed the most is the original banana-nutmeg smoothie. Here is the recipe:

The Original Banana-Nutmeg Smoothie


1 banana
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 cups milk
pinch of nutmeg

For my project I decided to try many different smoothies. Some were better than others in certain ways. I hope these recipes will help others learn about smoothies.


Grandma's Tropical Smoothie

Grandma's tropical smoothie makes you feel as though you were sitting on the beach on a lazy afternoon. This smoothie recipe comes from my grandmother.

6 strawberries
1 banana
3 pieces of pineapple
1 cup fruit yogurt
1 cup of juice, apple or orange
1 kiwi, optional


Jackson's Fruit Shake

When I had this smoothie I had a stuffy nose and couldn't taste anything that wasn't that strong. However, I could taste the orange in Jackson's smoothie.

6 strawberries
20 blueberries
1/2 banana
orange juice
ice cubes

This smoothie may not be ideal for winter when there are only frozen blueberries. It can really hurt your fingers counting out 20 blueberries. Fresh blueberries would be better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great report, Claire!! I think I'll go make a smoothie right now!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home