Monday, January 09, 2006

Tickle Me, My Dark Lord Elmo

On the heels of news reports from Dallas that Elmo's interactive book "Potty Time with Elmo" was asking toddlers not "Who wants to try to go potty?" but "Who wants to die?"...

...now, on top of it, come reports that some of the Shout! Dancing Elmo dolls sing "beat up Elmo" and "shoot his foot out." Listen at the link and decide for yourself.

What, I ask you, is going on? Is this the fulfillment of the Seventh Sign of the apocalypse as predicted in the Book of Revelations?

And behold: a red beast shall appear among the children, asking "Who amongst thee desireth to die? And who amongst thee shall challenge me with thy fist or thy weapon?"

Well, if that's not in the Book of Revelations, it should be. I used to think Elmo was kind of cute, but he scares me now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Girl, just because Elmo's into a little lite S&M and likes to get roughed up a bit during foreplay does not make him "evil"! I think we all need to be a little more accepting of our own diversity within the gay, lesbian, transgendered and muppet community.

Smooches,
Daph

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home