Thursday, March 02, 2006

Spring... and new look for Film Stock





Spring comes early to Atlanta. It's the best time of year in our fair-ly awful city.

I can't stand cold weather, so when spring comes I'm incredibly psyched to see it. (I suppose in the scheme of things Atlanta's winters are pretty mild, but the way I complain about the cold you'd think I lived in the Arctic Circle.) Winter's a bore, and in the perfect world it would last about four weeks, beginning a little before Christmas and ending in mid-January.

It was 72 degrees yesterday, and it felt really wonderful. Jeff and I brought the camera with us on a long walk and got some pictures of the first flowers of spring... The park was totally colorful: even the parking lot of Kroger was getting in on the act.

Enjoy!

The wide format of the slideshow required some changes to the format of the site: wider margins and bigger headlines, things I've been meaning to do for a while. Let me know what you think.

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan Voisin said...

I think it looks great! I've been meaning to take my camera along on a walk, but unfortunately, it's not one of those super-slim point-and-shoots, and I'm too lazy to carry it with me. :-)

Gorgeous photos. It's this time of year that I enjoy living in the South. Well, mostly... ;-)

11:08 AM  
Blogger FilmStocker said...

Thanks, Susan.

I don't usually think to take the camera, but Jeff insisted. Right, as usual! :I

And, yep, this time of year in the South makes the rest of the year almost worth it. Almost. :)

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nnnnnnnnnnjbj bjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
written by Matthew who enjoys your blog:)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures are amazing! I esp. like the one of the tree with pink flowers that are just coming out.

2:35 PM  
Blogger FilmStocker said...

Thanks Matthew and Jenny. You guys're the greatest!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home