Friday, March 10, 2006

Vegetarian Philly Cheese "Steak": Recipe

The following recipe was written by my sister. She said it was so good she can't even tell me.

Sister J's Best Vegetarian Philly Cheese "Steak"

We made this last Saturday night. It was very good. I used soy provolone to make it vegan. The recipe is a variation of one that I found in Eating Well Magazine

1 med. onion
4 portobello mushrooms sliced w/o stems
1 red bell pepper minced oregeno to taste (about 2 tablespoons)
ground pepper to taste
1 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup veggie broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
sliced provolone cheese
4 buns split and toasted

1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and cook until soft (2-3 minutes). Add mushrooms , bell peppers, oregeno and pepper. Cook until veggies are wilted-about 7 minutes.

2. Reduce heat and sprinkle veggies with flour and stir to coat. Stir in broth and soy sauce Bring to simmer. Remove from heat and lay cheese on top to melt.

3. Place veggie/cheese mixture onto buns and enjoy!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

film stock-you rock!!!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you, Filmstocker???

3:30 PM  
Blogger FilmStocker said...

Sorry it's been a while. I've been having some Blogspot problems. Any one else have trouble posting pics?

I just don't post at all if I can't post it with pictures.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home